Outdoor Instructor positions available – May 2022
We are in an exciting stage of expanding our programmes and have a range of instructing positions available:
You will be part of a small supportive team who are committed to providing meaningful programs and an organisation who is committed to provide ongoing training in this specialised area. So we encourage all backgrounds and skill levels to apply.
We need someone who is flexible, adaptable, patient, friendly and open to being a long term team member.
We offer a variety of activities and pursuits (water, bush, rope, hike, bike etc), with the opportunities for our instructors to plan sessions/programmes around their interests and skills.
For the Senior Instructor we are looking for someone who can oversee our programmes, staff, students with disabilities and activities including instructing groups and supporting the manager.
For the Lead Instructor position we are looking for someone with confidence to adapt and run outdoor activities for people with disabilities.
For the Instructor position we are looking for someone who is able to support our students and their needs while co-instructing on our outdoor programmes.
Preferred experience and skills:
Ideally candidates will have:
- A relevant qualification eg outdoor recreation, adventure therapy, disability support.
- NZOIA awards (rock and bush prefered) or equivalent
- Skills and experience instructing in a variety of pursuits (rope, bush, water, ABL etc) with knowledge of Christchurch and Canterbury outdoor activity locations
- Experience or demonstrate knowledge of working with students with Intellectual Disabilities
- Full NZ drivers licence – manual
- First Aid Certificate (PHEC or outdoor preferred)
- Be flexible, adaptable, patient and friendly
For more information about Learn Active:
How to apply:
Contact Karla Roberts – Managing Director for further position information and an application form
021 1398 156
Learn Active is always happy to hear from people who are looking to volunteer with Learn Active. We do prioritise people who are able to make a weekly/ongoing commitment to become apart of a group and support our students and programmes on a longer term basis.
Our volunteer days are Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm during term time. We do have shorter term commitments available during the school holidays.
Please inquire to: email@example.com, 0211398156