Learn Active in Christchurch has a Part Time instructor/disability support position available.
Learn Active is a charity that runs outdoor education programmes for people with intellectual disabilities, full time, year round.
We are looking for a part time instructor to start by mid April 2021 on a part time contract. Starting at 2 days per week.
We are looking for someone who is: flexible, adaptable, patient and friendly that will fit in with our small team and be a committed member of our organisation long term.
We are open to all experience levels to help ensure we find the right person for the job. All training can be given to someone from either an outdoor instructing or disability support background.
Ideally candidates will have:
- A relevant qualification eg outdoor recreation, adventure therapy, disability support related.
- Some experience in instructing programmes
- Have experience or demonstrate knowledge of working with people with intellectual disabilities.
- NZOIA Leader awards or higher/equivalent
- Experience in a variety of pursuits (rope, bush, water, ABL)
- Full NZ drivers licence – manual
- First aid certificate
- Be flexible, adaptable, patient and friendly
This position will include:
- Supporting other staff and volunteers in facilitating learning and skills development with students in a wide variety of outdoor activities/settings including but not limited to bush, water, rock, hike.
- You will work in conjunction with other staff members to keep students safe and empower them to make safe choices.
- Supporting our students to participate and with personal care, behaviour needs and one on one support.
Visit our facebook page to get a good idea of what we do and who with:
To apply or for more information:
Please contact or submit a cv and cover letter to:
Karla Roberts – Learn Active Managing Director
021 1398 156
Learn Active is always happy to hear from people who are looking to volunteer with Learn Active. We do prioritise people who are able to make a weekly/ongoing commitment to become apart of a group and support our students and programmes on a longer term basis. Our volunteer days are Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4pm during term time. We do have shorter term commitments available during the school holidays.
Please inquire to: email@example.com, 0211398156