5.3.2020 – Learn Active in Christchurch has a Part Time instructor position available.
Learn Active is a charity that runs outdoor education programmes for people with intellectual disabilities, full time, year round.
We are looking for an instructor to start in April 2020 on a part time contract. Starting at 2 days per week.
We are looking for someone who is: flexible, adaptable, patient and friendly that will fit in with our small team and be a committed member of our organisation long term.
We are open to all experience levels to help ensure we find the right person for the job, and all training can be given.
Ideally candidates will have:
- An outdoor recreation qualification
- Experience in instructing programmes
- NZOIA Leader awards or higher/equivalent
- Skills and experience in a variety of pursuits (rope, bush, water, ABL)
- Have experience or demonstrate knowledge of working with people with intellectual disabilities.
- Full NZ drivers licence
- First aid certificate
This position will include:
- Facilitating learning and skills development with students in a wide variety of outdoor activities/settings including but not limited to bush, water, rock, hike.
- Assisting others in delivery of course material
- Supporting our students to participate and with personal care and behaviour needs
Visit our facebook page to get a good idea of what we do and who with:
Please contact or submit a cv and cover letter to:
Karla Roberts – Learn Active Managing Director
021 1398 156